Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Spring

Wow! I can't believe I haven't posted since January. It's not like I haven't had time on my hands!

I've had another surgery since my last post. It was in February and both Woody and Max were my constant companions. Woody has done a good job helping me rehab by getting underfoot and testing my reflexes -- so far I haven't been tripped or fallen.

Woody is doing great. We tried to wean him off his meds but he immediately started to lick -- so we put him back on them. He's been fine otherwise. He's his usual sleepy self. Doesn't move too much unless he hears food. Maxie is hanging in as well. He's losing weight -- he's a few weeks away from 18 years old so I think he's just getting old and enjoying his senior years. He sleeps a lot and meows a lot -- and, my favorite, still cuddles a lot.

What's my least favorite sign of Spring? All the UFOs I have to pull out of Woody's mouth. He is stealth -- so I have to be on my toes. He had something in his mouth this morning that was so disgusting I couldn't even identify it. I pulled it out and threw it and immediately gagged. How could anyone, even a dog, want to eat something so disgusting? But then I am writing about a dog who eats Max's "cat cookies". He is definitely NOT a foodie!

This coming Friday I'm having some people over to watch the Royal Wedding. I'm not a big fan of the Royals but this is total spectacle -- and I am a fan of spectacle. Woody will be sporting a bow tie -- he must dress for the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment